This position includes the management AND maintenance of this “small” 30 unit property. The manager person (or team) will work 30 hours/week to take care of all aspects of this well-maintained property. The job includes (but is not limited to) receiving and depositing rent, renting vacancies including posting ads, responding to maintenance requests, handling all minor maintenance, overseeing turnovers and any vendors, enforcing policies and being available to respond to any emergencies.
– Hours: 30 hrs/wk – Manager’s Apartment: 2 bd, 1.5 bath, rental office is inside the managers apartment- Compensation: $1200.00/month rent credit (full rent amount, un-taxed compensation) + $2,000.00 salary. Apartment includes washer and dryer. Comes with garage, monthly credit of $110.00.
– Reimbursements for expenses: $75 utilities; $25 gas; $25 cell phone.
To ensure you have the tools for success, our best property managers have most of the following:
– Sales and/or retail experience
– Enjoy working with people
– Basic knowledge of (and ability to learn) Fair Housing laws.
– Home or apartment general MAINTENANCE experience REQUIRED.
– Ability to push/pull 70 lbs.
– Enjoy maintaining curb appeal – picking up the grounds, watering flowers, etc.
– Some college education as well as high school diploma or equivalent
– Strong computer skills and experience using office equipment *A MUST*
– Great verbal and written communication skills
The property management person(s) will work Saturdays and Sundays, since these are busy days for the property. Instead, he/she/they choose two days off during the week for their “weekend”. We provide a 4-day Training course to connect you with our expert support team along with your Asset Manager and your Accountant, giving you all the resources needed to launch into this rewarding career.
To apply for this great opportunity, please submit your resume(s) and cover letter through the link below.
Norris & Stevens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
*Please note that Offer of employment is subject to pre-employment screening including credit (for rental history), nationwide criminal history and drug screening. Equal housing opportunity.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position, please email us your cover letter and resume and reference the position in the subject line. Please contact us for questions.