Great opportunity for person or team interested in the field of Property Management!
This position includes the management AND maintenance of this “small” property. The manager person or team will work 24 hours/week to take care of all aspects of well-maintained property. The job includes (but is not limited to) receiving and depositing rent, renting vacancies including posting ads, responding to maintenance requests, handling all minor maintenance, overseeing turnovers and any vendors, enforcing policies and being available to respond to any emergencies at this historic location. This is one of the most rewarding jobs you will ever have… sometimes the most exciting and often the most relaxing.
Built in 1906 as a hotel, the Kenton has a storied history. Left unoccupied for much of the 1980s, the Kenton was condemned in 1990 by the City of Portland and ordered demolished. Rescued as the bulldozers were warming up, The Kenton is now on the National Register of Historic Places. The apartments share the building with a McMenanmin’s-type pub and upscale Windermere Realty in the rapidly gentrifying Kenton Business District.
The Kenton was renovated ‘from the studs’ and has all the modern amenities but the original architectural features have been retained.
– Kenton Hotel Apartments – 24 units
– Hours: 24 hrs/wk – for one person or split between all adults in the manager’s unit
– Manager’s Apartment: 2 bd, 1 ba located near the rental office.
– Compensation: $1075/month rent credit (full rent amount, un-taxed compensation) + $800 salary
– Reimbursements for expenses: $25 gas; $25 cell phone